May 5, 2021
Experience a taste of Toro Toro in your home. Live in Miami? Check out Toro Toro in person, located inside of the Intercontinental hotel.
Short Rib & Bone Marrow / Arepas /Caramelized onions/ Manchego Cheese
- 2ea sliced onions
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 tbls Butter
- 2 tbls Sherry vinegar
- ½ bc Thyme leaves
- 1tbls Salt
- 1 tbls sugar
- Cut peeled onions in half lengthways. Remove root at base and slice lengthways to a julienne cut.
- On a sauté pan add olive oil, add onions, thyme salt and stir gently over a low heat. Cover and stir from time to time.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the onions are caramelized.
- Deglaze with sherry vinegar, butter and sugar.
- Add all other Ingredients.
Jalapeno Avocado Crema
- ½ bch Scallions
- 2ea Jalapeno with seed whole
- ½ bch Cilantro
- 2ea Avocado
- 1tsp Salt
- 2.5oz Olive oil
- 0.5oz Ice
- On the blender add the ice then avocado and the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil.
- Blend on hi until emulsified. Then add the Olive oil and emulsified with the rest of the ingredients.
- Taste should be avocado and spicy.
- 2 cups warm water
- 1tsp salt
- 2 cups yellow Cornmeal (Pan Goya brand)
- On a large Mixing bowl add the water and salt and stir until the salt in dissolve.
- A little at the time in the bowl at the cornmeal mixing with your hands until you created like a dough. You are looking for a dough that easy doesn’t stick to your hands. The consistency should be easy to roll with your hands into balls. Cover with a towel for about 5 minutes.
- Start by making balls the size that you prefer we usually make them into 2.5oz balls. Once they are form on a cast iron skillet over medium heat with a little of olive oil seared both side for about 2 to 3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Once seared put the arepas on a tray and in the oven for at 350F for about 15 minutes until they puff.
- Ready to serve.
Bone marrow Canoe
- Grilled the bone marrow canoe until the fat in soft. Add the caramelized onion on top and then manchego cheese grated and melt on broil in the oven for about 3 minutes.
Plate + enjoy!