June 29, 2020
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, I like to use medium-large
- 6 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- Ole Bay Seasonings
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole Mustard
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Few splashes of your favorite hot sauce
- In 2 small separate bowls add Cornmeal & flour and season with Ole Bay and Whisk eggs and milk in another bowl.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and pour 1 inch of oil into the pan. Put shrimp in milk & egg mixture then coat in cornmeal and flour. Place the shrimp into the hot oil and cook about 2-3 minutes then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl whisk the mayo, creole mustard, hot sauce, and salt, and pepper until combined. Add shredded cabbage and toss until mixed well.
- Place shrimp in tortilla shells top with slaw then top with favorite sauce.