March 9, 2021
This month our ongoing #LegendSeries is all about the ladies! Check out this Korean Style Marinated Skirt Steak from Adrianne Calvo.
2 8 oz Waygu Skirt Steaks, trimmed
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sake
7 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
5 scallion ends, white part
1 kiwi, peel and minced
1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Add skirt steak. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, preheat a grill pan or large skillet to medium high.
4. Remove the skirt steak from marinade and pat dry.
5. Season steak with salt and pepper.
6. Add a tablespoon of canola oil to grill pan or skillet.
7. Place steaks on pan. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side.
8. Move to a wooden cutting board and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
9. To plate, slice steak on a bias against the grain for more tenderness.
10. Top with Red Chimichurri and a side of roasted potatoes. ENJOY!